Ronald V. Wiedenhoeft of Littleton, Colo., died on August 14, 2010. Born in 1937, Ron taught art history at Mines and was a professor emeritus of the Division of Liberal Arts and International Studies. In addition to his teaching role at Mines, he helped close down 15th Street east of Illinois, which bisected the area now known as Kafadar Commons. He also helped preserve the staircase in Stratton Hall when remodeling plans called for its removal. Ron earned a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Cornell; completed postgraduate studies at Technical University in Munich, Germany; received a master of arts degree from the University of Wisconsin; completed further postgraduate studies at the Free & Technical Universities in Berlin, Germany; and ultimately completed his doctorate at Columbia in New York. From 1994 to 1995, he served as a visiting Fulbright Professor at the Technical Universities of Vienna and Graz, Austria. From 1993 to 1998, he served as the chair of the Working Party on Urban Traffic Problems, International Federation for Housing and Planning for The Hague, Netherlands. He is survived by three children and his second wife, Emily FitzRandolph.