LinkedIn guru Kevin Knebl spoke about how to integrate careers with social media during a webcasted campus event on November 21 that was sponsored by CSMAA. Here are some strategies he shared:
1. Build a robust profile, using keywords to maximize search functionality.
2. Join groups that relate to your knowledge base and look for questions to answer.
3. Recommendations on LinkedIn are powerful; solicit them from those you’ve worked with.
4. Devote 10 minutes each day to LinkedIn.
5. Social media is 5 percent technology and 95 percent personal relationships. Never miss an opportunity to make something personal.
Dues-paying members of the alumni association can access a full recording of the 3-hour event.